Independent Advice. Informed Opinions.
As an independent self-storage owner or operator you may assume that professional business consulting is a luxury only large companies can afford. Don’t be so sure.
Self Storage 101 offers consulting services that not only fit your budget, but usually pay for themselves through increased revenues, profits and asset values.
Whether you need a high-level review of your operations or completion, new ideas for marketing, or tactical advice on development or expansion plans, technology, or personnel, we can help. Our consultants have the training to grasp complex business issues – and the experience to know which ones really matter.
Why not let an informed, independent partner help clarify your company’s most critical issues and objectives?
Let’s start working toward a more profitable future.
From strategic goals to daily operations.
At Self Storage 101 we offer a variety of consulting services for independent self-storage owners and operators. These are designed to address everything from major strategic issues to more basic issues affecting everyday business practices.
No matter what your needs, we promise to deliver objective, informed advice, and actionable plans for improving your business.
Our experienced team of self storage business professionals has worked with hundreds of self storage facility owners across the U.S. just like you. Meet our team.
Owner & Chief Consultant
Founder of Self Storage 101, the industry’s leading consultancy firm specializing in Development and Market Feasibility, Operational Improvement and Marketing Implementation. Bob has worked with 100’s of independent owners and operators to assist in making informed and profitable decisions in all aspects of self-storage. He has developed, own and managed his own facilities and so has a unique perspective that easily relates to those operators he has consulted with over the years. Bob and the Team at Self Storage 101 specialize in:
- Market and Feasibility Studies
- Acquisition Due Diligence Projects
- Facility Operational Auditing
- Owner, Operator and Manager Training
Bob has authored a number of highly popular books and training manuals related to self storage and is a regular contributor to most of the industry trade journals. He is a regular speaker at national, regional and local self storage meetings and conventions.
Field Auditor & Data Analyst
Field Auditor and Data Analyst with Self Storage 101, the industry’s leading consultancy firm specializing in Development and Market Feasibility, Operational Improvement, and Marketing Implementation. Bill has worked with dozens of independent owners and operators to assist in making informed and profitable decisions in all aspects of self-storage.
Bill has developed and implemented systems for analyzing and collecting relevant data to:
- Improve operational efficiency
- Measure operational effectiveness
- Assist in determining project viability
- Measure Capital Rate of Return on acquisition projects
Bill has worked closely with clients and industry vendors to aid in market research and development viability for a large number of independent-owner and institutional self storage projects:
- Provide comprehensive market data and analysis to determine unmet demand or over-supply in specific markets
- Participated in a number of community neighborhood meetings, municipal presentations and investment group conferences to provide anecdotal and empirical evidence regarding market demand and viability of specific self storage projects
- Prepared a large number of complete bank package or self storage feasibility studies, documenting “develop or not develop” recommendations